Mounting a ISO image with PowerIso
This article shows how to mount an image virtually, rather than burning to a disk. Useful for tethered software .iso files.
About: PowerISO will play the file as if it were a real CD or DVD in your computer's drive.To mount an .iso file virtually you will need a mounting program, like PowerISO (unless you use Windows 8 or 10, then see here Mounting a .iso File (Tethered Software)). PowerISO is a free program and that you can use indefinitely. To download PowerISO you can go to this site: http://www.poweriso.com/download.htm
1. After the program is downloaded and installed you should restart your computer.
2. The first step is to set the number of drives. In the image below, underneath the circled part, you can see 'set number of drives'. Click on 1 drive.
3. With a drive set, click mount again, then click on the part that is circled below and select the .iso file you downloaded.
4. Now the image or .iso is mounted, you can go to My Computer and it will be there as if it is in the CD drive. Run the drive and it will install perfectly.
5. After the install is completed you can unmount the drive (or it will do so automatically after the computer is rebooted) and then delete the .iso file.
For more information visit the tutorials page for PowerISO here: http://www.poweriso.com/tutorials/index.htm