International Graduate Admission
(608) 262-2433 -- Graduate Admissions
(608) 262-2044 -- International Student Services (ISS)
Fax (608) 265-6742
ISS Office Hours M-W 9:00 am - 4:30 pm; Th/F 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
Walk-In Advising Hours M-W 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm; Th/F 10:00 am - 12 pm
Phone: M-F 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
217 Bascom Hall
500 Lincoln Drive
Madison, WI 53706
How international students apply for admission:
- First, you will need to select a program. The link for a list has been provided above.
- Next, you will need to meet the general admission requirements.
need the equivalent of a 3.0 for an undergraduate or master’s degree (or
- Every applicant who is not a native English speaker or whose undergraduate instruction was not in English must take an English proficiency test within 2 years of application. Minimum scores for the required tests are provided below:
Note: You can arrange to have your GRE and TOEFL sent directly to the University of Wisconsin-Madison by using the Institutional code 1846
- Finally you will need to fill out the application and submit it (THIS CAN
ALL BE DONE ONLINE). Please visit the
link above for a recap of these requirements as well as some information
specific to your country of origin.
Freshman Application Deadlines: varies based on program