Tuition for International Students
http://www.bussvc.wisc.edu/bursar/tuitdued.html --Dates and deadlines
(608) 262-3611 -- Bursars Office/ Student Accounts
(608) 262-1791 -- Student Loans
UW-Madison Bursar's Office
Madison, WI 53715-1383
The tuition bill is not mailed. It is available online as an “eBill.” An e-mail is sent to students when the eBill is available online so the student can make a payment. If you would also like to receive this e-mail to make tuition payments, your student should make you an “Authorized Payer.” Please see instructions below.
“Dates and Deadlines” are available in English at http://www.bussvc.wisc.edu/bursar/tuitdued.html
Tuition and Fees Payment Methods
UW–Madison does not accept credit or debit cards, nor offer a payment plan.
Recommendation: We recommend that international students open a U.S. bank checking account. Funds can then be wired from a foreign account to the U.S. bank account so the student can pay tuition and fees by check or a U.S. bank money order, or make an ePayment.
Foreign Currency Payment Method
If you do want to use a foreign currency to make a payment, follow the following steps. Please note that a Foreign Currency payment is a 'pending' payment, and does not apply to your UW-Madison tuition account until all the following steps are completed.
Step 1: To get started, login to the Tuition Account eBill/ePayment Site
Students - Login to your http://my.wisc.edu >Student Center> click View eBill/Make ePayment and then click the View eBill/Make ePayment yellow button
Parents (set up as an Authorized Payer) – Login to the Tuition Account eBill/ePayment site
(If you are not set up as an Authorized Payer, contact your student)
Step 2: Select the term and amount you wish to pay
- click 'Make a Tuition ePayment' link in Your Account section
- follow steps to select term and payment amount you wish to pay
- then select Method of Payment 'Foreign Currency'
Step 3: Enter Foreign Currency Information * (more information on the bottom of the page)
- complete the foreign currency form
- continue to checkout
- verify the information and then submit the payment
- when the 'Transaction Pending' displays, click the link to view and print important information and instructions to take to your bank to initiate the payment
- List of participating countries and currencies
Step 4: Bank Transfer
- deliver the printed transaction form to your foreign bank (the quoted exchange rate is valid for 72 hours)
- your foreign bank will transfer funds via Western Union to the University of Wisconsin-Madison
Step 5: Payment Finalized
- University of Wisconsin-Madison will post your payment in the U.S. dollar equivalent to your tuition account
* If your local currency is not in the drop-down list on the foreign currency form, you need to choose another currency on the list in order to process a Foreign Currency ePayment. If your currency is not listed, you may select US Dollar and have your transaction processed in US dollars. If your country is not listed and you need an alternate wire payment option, please send your request in an email to the Bursar's Office at email@example.com. Include your student name and campus ID in your email. The Bursar's office will review and respond to your email within 2 business-days.
Log into the tuition account eBill/ ePayment site, then click on “Make a tuition ePayment” in the “Your Account” section.
• Pay using only a U.S. regular checking or regular savings account.
• ePayments apply to the tuition account when submitted.
• There is no charge to make an ePayment.
Mail a Check
Payment must be received by the Bursar’s office (not postmarked) by the due date to avoid a $100 late fee.
• Do not mail cash or a check from a non-U.S. bank account.
• Make a check payable to UW-Madison.
• Write the student name and Campus ID on the check.
• Important! If you are mailing a payment, determine whether to mail to address (a) or address (b) below.
a. Log into the Tuition eBill/ ePayment Site, print the Tuition Account Statement (eBill) and mail the top section with a check from a U.S. bank account to:
PO Box 204
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53278-0204 USA
b. If mailing any of the following types of payments;
- A scholarship check
- A personal check WITHOUT the Tuition Account Statement (eBill)
- Payment from a bill-paying service
- Payment sent by overnight delivery
333 East Campus Mall, #10501
Madison, WI 53715-1383 USA
Pay in person at the Bursar’s office located on 10th floor at 333 East Campus Mall
- The Bursar’s office accepts cash and check payments during business hours (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, 7:45 a.m.-4 p.m. CST, Wednesday 9:15 a.m.-4 p.m. CST).
- A check payment can be placed in a secure dropbox in the 1st floor lobby or on the 10th floor.