WiscCal (iPhone/iOS) - Respond to Invitations
Respond to Invitations with Apple iPhone
WiscMail & WiscCal only
||NOTE: This document is only applicable to WiscMail / WiscCal . If your account has been migrated to Office 365, please search the Office 365 KnowledgeBase for help. More information about the transition to Office 365 is available here.|
Respond to Invitations
If you have been invited to a meeting and you have enabled Invite Alerts in the iPhone Settings, when you next open iPhone Calendar after the invite has been received on the iPhone, a pop-up alert will appear saying "Invitation from
In the iPhone Calendar application an Invitations button at the bottom-right of the iPhone Calendar display will be modified to indicate the number of invitations iPhone Calendar has received. No current invitations are indicated by a non-modified image (it is a "InTray" icon). If there are unviewed invitations, the number of unviewed invitations will show in a red circle superimposed on this Invitations button. Once you view an invitation, regardless of your respone, this button will no longer show invitations.
On the calendar display events with invitations to which you have not responded with either Accept or Decline appear colored gray.
When you Accept a meeting invitation, the event stays in the calendar to which it belongs and iPhone Calendar displays it in the appropriate color. When you respond Maybe to an invitation, it is removed from the Invitations list but remains gray-colored in iPhone Calendar's display to indicate its pending status. See Tap on Gray-Colored Even"" below to see how to change your response status after you have selected Maybe as a response to an invitation. When you Decline a meeting invitation, the event disappears completely. iPhone Calendar provides no mechanism to retrieve or view declined events. Once they are declined they are 'gone' and cannot be seen again on the iPhone. Acting with appropriate caution is advised.
You can respond to invitations in several ways:
Use the Meeting Invitation Notification display
- The Meeting Invitation Notification display has two button: Close and View. Select View.
- The Event Details display will open at the bottom of which are options for responding to the invitation: Accept, Maybe, Decline.
- Select your desired response.
Use the Invitation button:
- Using the Invitations button allows you to respond to all invitations at one spot. Tap on the Invitations button in the bottom-right of the iPhone Calendar display.
- The Invitations display will show all invitations to which you have not responded. Each invitation shows the event title, time and date, the person who sent the invitation, and the invitees to the event. There are three response option buttons for each invitation: Maybe, Decline, and Accept. Tap on the button for your response to the invitation.
Tap on a gray-colored event
- Tap on a gray-colored meeting in one of the main iPhone Calendar views. Using this method allows you to see the meeting in context and make your response decision based on the events that may surround the meeting to which you are invited. This view has a Details button which opens another display that shows more information about the meeting invitation including the response options.
- After tapping on a gray-colored meeting, tap on the appropriate response option: Maybe, Decline, and Accept*.