Using the Record Human Subjects Training Snapshot Activity in ARROW
The Record Human Subjects Training Snapshot activity allows study teams to check the human subjects research certification dates for the PI, points of contact, and anyone listed on the study team page. Previously, the only way to check the human subjects research certification dates for their study team members was to look each person up individually in the campus lookup system. To make the process more efficient and improve compliance with campus training requirements, this new activity has been added to allow study teams to check training status for the entire study team within ARROW.
When should study teams use the Record Human Subjects Training Snapshot activity?The Record Human Subjects Training Snapshot is available to study teams in several places in the IRB workflow. Study teams are advised to use this activity at the following times:
- Before submitting any new IRB application
- Before submitting a personnel change to add personnel
- Before submitting a full change of protocol to change the PI
What types of training will the Record Human Subjects Training Snapshot display?The Record Human Subjects Training Snapshot will display training dates for the following types of training:
- UW-Madison/CITI Biomedical Human Subjects Research Course
- UW-Madison/CITI Social-Behavioral Human Subjects Research Course
- VA Human Subjects Research Course
- UW Good Clinical Practice Course
How does the Record Human Subjects Training Snapshot activity work?
Will the Record Human Subjects Training Snapshot activity replace the VCRGE lookup system?No. Training status information will still be available through the campus lookup system: https://my.gradsch.wisc.edu/lookups/citi/trainingStatus.html
What if training information for a study team member appears to be inaccurate or incomplete in the Snapshot list?
- Did you previously take UW-Madison CITI training without a NetID? How to request a merger of your new NetID account with your completed training account.
- Did you previously take CITI human subjects training at another institution? How to get credit against the UW-Madison CITI human subjects training for training you previously took at another institution.
- If you are still having problems getting the training snapshot to accurately reflect the correct date, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance--include the person's name, the study number you are trying to add them to, and a snapshot of the training database record for them (see above for a link to the campus lookup system)