Learn@UW - Unzipping Uploaded Files in Manage Files
The Manage Files function of Learn@UW can be used to quickly upload multiple files, and to add those files to the Content outline. This document can also be used for unzipping archives from Articulate, Captivate, or Case Scenario Builder.
Begin by uploading a zipped file.
- Start by clicking on the Course Admin drop-down menu in the navigation bar, and then selecting Edit Course.
- Click on the Manage Files.
- Once in Manage Files, locate the .zip file (it will be a row containing ).
- Click on the row of the file (not the name) to reveal a drop-down menu and click the drop-down arrow.
- Click to expand the files.
- A window will appear showing that the unzip process has begun. Please wait for this process to finish.
If desired, add files to the Content outline.
- Select all of the files to add to Content by checking the corresponding boxes at the left.
- Use the Add Content Topics icon at the top of the Manage Files list to begin adding Content links. Note, you may need to scroll to the top of the files list.
- Select an existing Content Module heading (or create a new one).
- A Topic title will be created from the file name for each file, but it can be edited. Add a Short Title to appear in the Content sidebar, if desired.
- Finish by clicking Add.