D2L - Submitting a Problem Online (UW-Madison)
UW-Madison is adopting Canvas as the single, centrally supported learning management system, and discontinuing support for Desire2Learn (D2L) and Moodle. Access to D2L and Moodle will permanently end June 1, 2018. For information about retaining materials from D2L or Moodle, please refer to this document.
You can use the HelpOnline system to contact the DoIT Help Desk for assistance with D2L.
To contact the DoIT Help Desk about a D2L question or problem:
- Go to the HelpOnline system and log in with your UW-Madison NetID and password.
- On the left side of the screen, click Log a Call.
- In the Description box, type a description of the problem you're experiencing, then click the Submit button to send your problem to the Help Desk. Please state that the problem/question is regarding D2L, and be sure to include the following D2L-specific information:
Course Information Include the course name, section, and semester Your role in the course Indicate whether you're a student, instructor, TA, etc. OU number of the course While in the course, look at the URL shown in the browser. The very end of the URL will be ou=xxxxx. This unique identifier allows the Help Desk to easily find the course site and expedite a solution. A complete description of the problem Imagine someone trying to reproduce your problem. Provide step-by-step information about what you're trying to do, what you've already tried, what happens, and the exact error message you may have received.
- Bad description: I can't find my course
- Good description: I enrolled in English 100 section 3 on Monday. When I log on to D2L and look under my list of courses for this semester, I don't see the course listed. Can you help me get access?