D2L - Submitting a Problem Online (UW-Madison)
You can use the HelpOnline system to contact the DoIT Help Desk for assistance with D2L.
To contact the DoIT Help Desk about a D2L question or problem:
- Go to the HelpOnline system and log in with your UW-Madison NetID and password.
- On the left side of the screen, click Log a Call.
- In the Description box, type a description of the problem you're experiencing, then click the Submit button to send your problem to the Help Desk. Please state that the problem/question is regarding D2L, and be sure to include the following D2L-specific information:
Course Information Include the course name, section, and semester Your role in the course Indicate whether you're a student, instructor, TA, etc. OU number of the course While in the course, look at the URL shown in the browser. The very end of the URL will be ou=xxxxx. This unique identifier allows the Help Desk to easily find the course site and expedite a solution. A complete description of the problem Imagine someone trying to reproduce your problem. Provide step-by-step information about what you're trying to do, what you've already tried, what happens, and the exact error message you may have received.
- Bad description: I can't find my course
- Good description: I enrolled in English 100 section 3 on Monday. When I log on to D2L and look under my list of courses for this semester, I don't see the course listed. Can you help me get access?
To check the status of a call:
You can check the status of your call by coming back to HelpOnline and selecting Review Past/Current Calls. Or, you can go to My UW and click the Services tab to see your "My DoIT Help Desk Cases" module.