D2L - eGrade Submission - Getting Started (UW-Madison)
D2L eGrade Submission process: Getting Started With eGrade Submission
D2L eGrading: Getting StartedThe D2L eGrade submission process begins within the D2L gradebook and ends with the grade import and approval process within My UW-Madison. That is, grades are sent from D2L, then imported and verified in My UW-Madison.
Before getting started with the D2L eGrading process, please read the following important notes and guidelines.
- If you haven't been using your D2L gradebook, or the gradebook doesn't meet your needs, or you have a relatively small class (around 30 or fewer), we suggest that you go directly to the Registrar's Office process to submit your final grades. Please see the Registrar's Office Instructions for details.
- Only the instructor of timetable record for the course has permission to submit grades in My UW-Madison.
- Only students who are officially registered for the course will have their grade sent to My UW-Madison. "Pseudo" or other unregistered students will not have a grade sent to My UW-Madison.
- You can submit either the Final Calculated Grade or the Final Adjusted Grade values from D2L.
- Your D2L course can be active or inactive when you export grades from it.
- Downloading a copy of a gradebook before making changes, especially to categories and grade schemes, is always a good safety measure.
- After exporting grades from D2L, it can take up to 15 minutes before the grades can be imported into My UW-Madison.
- Deleted Gradebook items can be restored, but because this requires the assistance of the LMS vendor, D2L, it can take up to several days.
- For problems with the eGrading submission process, contact the Learn@uw Support Team.