My UW-Madison - Final Grades Portlet

This document describes the functionality of the Final Grades MyUW portlet and provides basic access and troubleshooting information.


Final Grades is a MyUW application that allows students and former students to view detailed final grade information for the graded components of courses they have taken. Information available through the portlet includes number of units, grade, term GPA and cumulative GPA. Students can use the portlet to view grades for all terms in which they were enrolled or are eligible to enroll.

Accessing the Application

Use the following instructions to access the Final Grades portlet:

  1. Begin by logging into My UW-Madison at

  2. Go to the search bar at the top of MyUW. Search for the Final Grades application.

    final grades module

    A dash represents a grade which has not yet been posted:final_grades_no_grades


Read below for descriptions of several common issues, their causes, and troubleshooting information:

  1. "If you are enrolled in courses and they are not showing for the selected term, you may need to select a different term. You can also contact the DoIT Help Desk at 264-HELP (4357)."

    final grades, no classes

    This message will appear if a student is eligible to enroll for the current term (pictured here as Spring 2014) but has not yet registered for classes. Students can use the drop-down to select other terms.

  2. "An error was encountered when trying to load your student data...."

  3. This error appears if the user does not have the "Student" or "Former Student" role assigned in MyUW.

  4. A lab, discussion section, or other course component does not appear in the Final Grades portlet.

    This is normal. Only the graded components of a course are displayed in the portlet.

  5. Grades, credit, or GPA information is missing or incorrect.
    • Students should verify that the information that appears incorrect is the same on both the Final Grades portlet and in the Student Center (under the Grades) link. If the information is the same in both places and appears incorrect, students should contact the Registrar's Office for further assistance. If the information in the Student Center differs from what appears in the Final Grades portlet, students should contact the DoIT Help Desk to escalate a ticket to MyUW technicians.

Keywords:scores, end, check, "check grades", view, "view grades", semester, term,   Doc ID:24398
Owner:MICHAEL F.Group:My UW-Madison Portal
Created:2012-05-18 11:57 CDTUpdated:2016-05-09 12:43 CDT
Sites:DoIT Help Desk, My UW-Madison Portal
Feedback:  1   1