Learn how to include Quick Search Options to your KB Site's Side Module.
Display a Quick Search Option in a Side Module
Users with KB Admin permissions may create a handy Side Module on the Internal/ or External Site.
- Create a Side Module
- Create a Side Module Link
- Enter the Link Name and one of the Quick Search Option URLs below in the Link URL field.
- Enable the Internal/ or External, Popup and enter the Order as needed.
- Click on the Update button at the bottom of the screen to save your changes.
In the image below, the "Favorites" Side Module is populated by two links. The showmyfavoritedocs Quick Option is only available on the Internal Site, which is indicated by the red circle around the checked Internal boxes.
Enter a Quick Search Option into the Link URL field
To determine the exact URL to enter into the Link URL field, enter one of the Options below into your Search field and copy the URL it yields.
Example: When showmyfavoritedocs is entered into the Search field of the KB User's Guide, it yields this URL;
To review what these Quick Search Options are again, please review this document.
What the Quick Search Option Side Module Looks like on the Live SiteThe image below shows a Side Module called "Favorites". The first Side Module Link is Show "My Favorite" KB User Guide Documents. Upon clicking that Side Module Link, the end-user will be led to the showmyfavorites URL, https://kb.wisc.edu/kbGuide/internal/search.php?q=showmyfavorites&cat=0. Please note that this particular Quick Search Option only applies to the internal site, as indicated by the red circle in the URL.
- KB User's Guide - SitePref Tab - Side Modules and Side Module Links
- KB User's Guide - SitePref Tab - Adding a Twitter Timeline to your Homepage (Right Side Module)
- KB User's Guide - SitePref Tab- Quick Search Options and Side Modules
- KB User's Guide - SitePref Tab - Displaying KB Delivered Features via Side Module Links