Bucky Backup - Service Overview
This document describes the Bucky Backup services, Bucky Backup Lite, Bucky Backup Enterprise, and Bucky Backup Archive.
What is Bucky Backup?
Bucky Backup is a data backup and archival system from Tivoli used by UW Madison departments and administrative offices, faculty and staff to provide data backup/protection/archival and recovery for their workstations and servers. DoIT provides backup services for Windows, UNIX, Sun, Netware, and Macintosh platforms.
DoIT offers three different levels of backup services - Bucky Backup Lite, Bucky Backup Enterprise, and Bucky Backup Archive:
- Use Bucky Backup Lite for general backup needs such as departmental servers, desktops, laptops and applications.
- Use Bucky Backup Enterprise for critical data such as campus wide service application data. Bucky Backup Enterprise is more scalable that Bucky Backup Lite.
- Use Bucky Backup Archive for long term archival storage, such as records retention, old research data, and completed projects.
For more information about Bucky Backup and backup in general please see: https://it.wisc.edu/services/backup-bucky-backup/
How to Request Bucky Backup:
To start using Bucky Backup Lite, Enterprise, or Archive you will need to register and then download, install and configure the Bucky Backup client. For more information on that process please see: Bucky Backup - Getting Started
Bucky Backup Availability:
Bucky Backup has a weekly maintenance window every Monday afternoon beginning at 1:00 pm and ending at 3:00 pm. All scheduled maintenance affecting client access will be preceded by an e-mail announcement to all users alerting them of any potential problems.
Need Help with Bucky Backup?
- For general questions about Bucky Backup, please use the Contact Us form on the backup website.
- For support, please contact the DoIT Help Desk or use the Bucky Backup support documents on the KnowledgeBase.