BN - Review Health Application in relation to Job Data/Benefit Program Participation
To determine when there is a qualifying event to enroll an employee in Benefits based on Job Data changes and updates.
This document outlines the specific fields on Job Data that institution Benefit Coordinators and Administrations should review to validate a qualifying event to enroll an employee in Benefits.
Why Use This?
Job Data and Benefit Eligibility Fields need to be reviewed to ensure:
- Institution Benefit Administrators counsel the employee in the correct benefits
- The employee is enrolled in the correct Benefit Program so that the correct premiums are taken, and correct option codes are available
- The employee type (Grad, FA/AS/LI, University Staff) will feed correctly into the ETF One Net system
- The system supports the enrollment and/or enrollment change
Downstream effects of not updating this page or entering incorrect information
- Employee could be counseled with the wrong benefits and potentially miss enrollment opportunities/deadlines
- Employee could be under or overcharged premiums for insurance plans
- Employee gets set up incorrectly in ETF under wrong employee type (grad vs regular), health plans, or coverage levels
Frequently Forgotten Fields In This Process:
- Benefit Primary Flag review
- Verifying the employee has the correct value in the Health Rate field
- Benefits Eligibility rules for WRS and/or Grad
- Benefits Eligibility Decision Table
- Review UWSA OHRWD Overview Page
- If a Ben Admin does not have access to update this HRS page, they will need to work with their HR Office to update specific fields.
1. Workforce Administration > Job Information > Job Data
2. Search using the Empl ID
3. Before making any changes on Job Data, please review the Benefits Eligibility Decision Table
4. Click on the UW Benefits Tab. Verify that you are looking at the job that has the Primary Benefit Flag assigned to it. The field for Primary Empl Rcd should match the Empl Rcd # as shown in the picture below.
b. Please review Employment Changes on the OHRWD website, and the Benefits Eligibility Decision Table to verify if the employee has been assigned to the correct Benefit Program.
b. Please note the Benefit Program (in conjunction with other Job Data) is partially driven from the UW Benefits Tab Health Rate field.
- If the Health Rate shows Full Share Rate, then the employee will be listed as full-time and will be eligible for full state share.
- If the Health Rate shows Less Than Half Time Rate, then the employee will be listed as part-time and will be eligible for the less than half time rate or 50% of the premiums for health insurance.
Related Policies, Job Aids and Forms
Related Job Aids
- BN - Add Coverage Job Aid
- BN - Add Dependent Job Aid
- Document 17190 is unavailable at this time.
- BN - Cancel Coverage Job Aid
- Document 17267 is unavailable at this time.
- BN - Processing an ADM Event for Health Insurance
- BN - Adding Events to the BAS Activity Table