D2L - Using the Links Tool to Group Custom Links (UW-Madison)
UW-Madison is adopting Canvas as the single, centrally supported learning management system, and discontinuing support for Desire2Learn (D2L) and Moodle. Access to D2L and Moodle will permanently end June 1, 2018. For information about retaining materials from D2L or Moodle, please refer to this document.
The Links tool allows instructors to create an organized list of links to sites outside of Learn@UW. The Links tool can be added to the course navigation bar for easy access by course participants.
There are two basic steps required to use the Links tool:
- Add links to the Links tool (steps below)
- Add the Links tool to the course navigation bar (see D2L - Adding Tools to Course Navigation Bar (UW-Madison) )
Accessing the Links tool
The Links tool is not active on the course navigation bar by default. Start by clicking on Course Admin on the navigation bar, then Edit Course. Find Links under the Site Resources section.
- Categories are required inside the Links tool. In the Links tool, click New Category and give the category a title. Press Save.
- To create a new link, click New Link. Select the category for this link, enter a title, URL, and description for the link. Press Save.
- Continue this process of creating Categories and Links until finished.
Add the Links tool to Course Navigation Bar
Add the Links tool to your course navbar by following these steps: D2L - Adding Tools to Course Navigation Bar (UW-Madison)