D2L - Dropbox Item Feedback (UW-Madison)
After reviewing a student's work from the dropbox, text feedback can be given to the student. Additionally, if a grade book item was created with the dropbox, a grade can be entered in the grade book tool.
- In the dropbox tool, click on the name of the desired dropbox.
- Click on above the submission that you want to grade/leave feedback on.
- If a grade book item has been assigned, a box will appear on the right side of the screen to enter the student's grade (Score) on the assignment as well as a Feedback text box to explain the student's score. The file they submitted will appear on the left side of the screen. You can also navigate between different students' submissions using the and buttons on the top left and right of your screen.
- In the Feedback text window you may give the student general feedback about the assignment. Or if you prefer, you may attach a file as feedback, such as the student's assignment which you have marked with comments or a grading form which you have created. This is done by clicking Add a File and finding the file on your computer.
- When you are done, you can choose to publish feedback immediately by clicking Publish or save your feedback as a draft by clicking Save Draft and release it at a later time. This enables you to revise and review evaluations, and publish your feedback to multiple users at the same time. If you chose to publish later, click Done to return to the dropbox folder list.
- Upon returning to this dropbox folder, you will see a link that says for any files you have already graded.
- If you did not previously publish feedback, you will see a link to . To publish these drafts, select the boxes next to the students' names and click Publish Feedback.
- If you'd like to change feedback, you can click the link to open the Feedback window, or click on the file submission itself. Once you're finished making changes, click Update. Or, if you'd like to remove the feedback, click Retract.
When students click on the Dropbox they will see if they have received feedback, as indicated by the View link:
*Note: Students won't be able to see feedback if the dropbox is closed.
Batch Dropbox Feedback
For assistance in using the Add Feedback File tool, which enables you to upload multiple student feedback files at a time and organize feedback quickly, please click here.
Batch grading can be accomplished by using the Gradebook tool. To quickly edit grades, click on the down arrow next to a grade item, then select Grade All. At this point, you can enter each student's grade. Click Save when finished.