D2L - Creating Custom Group Links (UW-Madison)
By default in the updated Learn@UW interface, there are dropdown menus in the Navbar for Materials, Assignments, Communication, UW Tools, and Course Admin. You can create your own dropdown menu by following the steps outlined below.
- Click Course Admin in the Navbar and chose "Edit Course."
- Click Navigation and Themes.
- In the Custom Links tab, click Create Link Group.
- Name your Custom Link Group.
- Using the Add Existing Link button, choose the links you'd like to go into your group.
- Once you've selected what you'd like in your Custom Group, click Add. You can also make your own link using the Create Link button.
- Click Save once you're completely finished editing the Group.
- Back in the Navbars tab, locate your Navbar. If you're using the default Navbar, click on the downward arrow next to the name and select Copy.
- Click on the Navbar (or the copy if you just made it) to edit it.
- In the section you'd like to add your new dropdown menu, click Add Links.
- In the pop up window, change the filter to Custom Groups.
- Select your new Group Link and click Add.
- Click once you are finished editing your Navbar.
- Set your Navbar to "Active" if it isn't already by choosing the name of your Navbar from the dropdown and then clicking Apply.
- You should now see your Custom Group Link in your Navbar.