WiscWeb CMS - Monthly Calendar Content Class
This document shows how to use Monthly Calendar on your website.
WiscWeb CMS Standard Template Content Classes - Monthly Calendar
There are several types of calendar content areas in the CMS Standard Template. This KB document is about the Monthly Calendar (see Daily or Weekly Calendar and Event Lists for the others).
As with the Daily or Weekly Calendar this Monthly Calendar is not a true calendar like WiscCal or Google Calendar. It is an object in the form of a calendar to which other objects are added (i.e., events). They, too, are objects 'associated with' the Monthly Calendar in a logical sense but not in any time-based sense. There is NO mechanism for importing events from other calendar systems or calendar data files. Each event must be created and managed one at a time.
- Open the Page on which you want the Monthly Calendar
- Click on Manage Center Blocks
- Click on Create and Connect Page
- Click on Monthly Calendar
- Add a headline for the content class in the Event Title: field
- Click on OK
- You will see this:
- Click on the RedDot for Edit Calendar Configuration
- Add a title in the Calendar Title field
- Click on OK
Add Events to the Monthly Calendar
To add events to the Monthly calendar at this time:
- Click on RedDot for Manage Events
- Click on Create and Connect Page (yes, Create and Connect Page)
- Type event title in Event Title: field
- Click OK
- The new event will be listed beneath the **[Manage Events] heading
- Continue this process for more events. If you do not wish to modify any of the event object properties, click on the close reddot next to the Monthly Calendar name
By default, the event object is put on the day you create it (e.g., if "today" is August 8th, the new event object goes on the Monthly Calendar on August 8) with no time.
Edit Event Object Properties
To edit date/time and other event object properties:
- Click on the event title under [Manage Events]
- Click on the open Reddot next to the title name
- Click on the Red "Edit Elements via Form" Dot next to the event title to edit
- A form will open on which you can edit all of the desired event properties. Most of the properties are set with values entered in a single field. Editing the Description and Contact properties are done in a Text Editor form to allow more control over the entered information. Event object fields are: Headline, Full Day Event (Yes/No), Date (Required), End Date, Start Time, End Time, Location, Description, Web Site URL, and Contact Info
- Clicking on the edit icon (the pencil) on Date and End Date propertes will bring up a Set Date window using which you can indicate the date of the event. NOTE: the monthly view lists Monday in the first column of the display. Click on OK after selecting the date.
- Click OK to exit the Edit Elements via Form window
- When done editing the event object, click on the RedDot at the upper left of the display next to the event title
- At this point, you will not be taken back to the Manage Events page. You must click on the Back to ... link at the upper-right of the center content area (arrow in the snapshot below). Once the page loads go back to the Add Events to the Monthly Calendar section in this document to continue editing event object properties.
To manage events in an existing Monthly Calendar open the page on which the Monthly Calendar resides, then jump to the section To add events to the calendar above to continue editing event object properties.