Common issues with eduroam
solutions to common problems with eduroam
Wi-Fi client keeps asking me to verify the certificate
If the issue still persists:
- Select System Preferences
- Select Wi-Fi in the left pane
- Click Advanced...
- Drag the eduroam network to top of the Preferred Networks
- Check the "Remember networks this computer has joined" box.
Received email that I logged into eduroam without "scope"
It's important to remember that eduroam is a global network and the scope (@wisc.edu) helps to route your credentials when you are abroad. Although your initial login using only your NetID may have worked, it will fail once you leave UW-Madison. For this reason we encourage (and will soon enforce) all users to properly scope their username with eduroam logins.
- iOS properly binds the SSID, Credential and CA together and will not let you change aspects of the profile. Therefore, you will need to eduroam - Remove iOS Profile and then eduroam - iOS Setup in order to correct any misconfiguration.