ShareURL - Creating, Editing, and Deleting a ShareURL
The following document explains how to create, edit, and delete a ShareURL. Select a topic below for step-by-step instructions:here.
Creating a ShareURL
- Click the corresponding button to create either a Traditional ShareURL or a Public ShareURL:
You can create as many Traditional ShareURLs as you like, but only one Public ShareURL.
For more information on the difference between Traditional ShareURLs and Public ShareURLs, please see: 27358.
- Just below your "create ShareURL" buttons you will now see that your newly created ShareURL has been added to your full list of ShareURLs, exampled below.
By default, your ShareURL will be Free Busy only, which includes the start and end times of your meetings without any additional information. For instructions on how to include additional information, see below.
Editing a ShareURL
- Click on the ShareURL you want to edit By default, your ShareURL will be Free Busy only, which includes the start and end times of your meetings without any additional information.
- The first option available to edit your ShareURL is the optional choice of applying a Label to the ShareURL:
Note: Labels are visible only to you and help to identify each of your ShareURL's by differentiating them. See below for an example.
- The following section allows you to select which calendars will be included in the ShareURL:
If you want to more than one calendar or a different calendar than your primary calendar, use the "Select one or more calendars" option.
- Next, select the amount of information exposed in the ShareURL:
- Free/Busy Only: designates that only the start and end times of all your scheduled events will be displayed. All other meeting details are withheld.
- Include more event detail: gives choices on what information you'd like to share/expose within the ShareURL.
- Include attendees and organizer on group appointments: This setting controls whether or not the name and email address for meeting participants (attendees, organizer) is included in the data for group events displayed by your ShareURL.
- Include the name of the calendar which contains this event: This setting controls whether or not the name of your calendar is included in the data for events displayed by your ShareURL.
- Only include events with the following visibility: allows events to be searched according to their privacy level. Read up more on this here: https://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/page.php?id=24155. For "Private" events, you can also set whether or not the ShareURL will display private event information.
- Only include events with: allows you to filter the events that are included in the ShareURL.
Deleting a ShareURL
- Click on the ShareURL you want to delete
- Click on the button just below your Edit ShareURL options that says Delete this ShareURL
- You will see a popup reminding you that your ShareURL will be permanently deleted. Click OK
- Your ShareURL is now deleted