Learn@UW - Creating Surveys
Surveys are created by populating questions that reside in the Question Library. Note that the survey tool has a Question Library separate from the Quiz Question Library. Questions cannot be shared between libraries at this time.
Surveys can consist of the following types of questions:
- Multiple Choice
- Long Answer
- Short Answer
- Likert Scale
- Fill in the Blank
- Enter the Survey tool on the navigation bar. If survey is not visible, you will need to enable it under Edit Course > NavBars (covered in Learn@UW - Adding Tools to Course Navigation Bar ).
- To better organize survey questions, it is wise to create a question folder. To do this choose Section from the Section drop-down menu and click .
- Enter a Section Name and click .
- To add questions to the question folder, click on the folder in the side
- Choose the type of question from the Section menu. Click .
- Create your questions. You may click , or if you wish to create more than one question.
- When finished, click to create your survey.
- Enter the Survey tool on the navigation bar.
- Enter a name for the survey in the Name box.
- If you want students to see feedback to question, check give instant feedback box. Note that this feature is currently only providing question-level feedback, not answer-specific feedback.
- There are also areas to provide messages at the top, and bottom of the survey, as well as the submission screen which appears after they have completed the survey.
- If you wish for students to be able to see the results of the survey, make sure you select Students in addition to Instructor in the Visible To section.