D2L - Creating Surveys (UW-Madison)
Surveys are created by populating questions that reside in the Question Library. Note that the survey tool has a Question Library separate from the Quiz Question Library. Questions cannot be shared between libraries at this time.
Surveys can consist of the following types of questions:
- Multiple Choice
- Long Answer
- Short Answer
- Likert Scale
- Fill in the Blank
- Enter the Survey tool on the navigation bar, or access it by going to Edit Course > Surveys. If the tool is not visible on the navigation bar, you can enable it under Edit Course > NavBars (covered in Document 2200 is unavailable at this time. ).
- Click the Question Library tab.
- To better organize survey questions, it is wise to create a question folder.
To do this choose New > Section.
- Enter a Section Name and click .
- To add questions to the question folder, click on the folder in the side
- Choose the type of question from the New menu (see above).
- Create your questions. You may click Save, or Save and New if you wish to create more than one question.
- When finished, click Done Editing Questions.
- Enter the Survey tool on the navigation bar.
- From the Manage Surveys tab, click New Survey.
- Enter a name for the survey in the Name box.
- If you want students to see feedback to question, check give instant feedback box. Note that this feature is currently only providing question-level feedback, not answer-specific feedback.
- There are also areas to provide messages at the beginning and end of the survey (Description/Submission messages), as well as a page footer.