Learn@UW - Chat Tool
This document addresses the functionality of the chat tool in Learn@UW.
Creating a chat room
- After adding the chat tool to your navigation bar (see Learn@UW - Adding Tools to Course Navigation Bar), click on the Chat tool.
- Click the New Chat button.
- Enter a Title for the chat.
- Click the General Chat radio button.
- Enter a Description of the chat. (Tip It is a good idea to enter a description to help other users identify the chat, since they might have access to other chats with similar names.)
- Click Create.
Participating in a chat room
- To enter a chat, click its name on the Chat List page.
- To enter a message, type in the text entry field at the bottom and press the Enter key, or click the Send button.
- To change the display of your name, or to enable sound, use the Settings button in the upper right corner.