Bascom Platinum - Installing a Network Printer (Mac OS X)
This document explains how to install a network printer.
- Open System Preferences by clicking on the apple symbol in the top left corner of the screen and selecting System Preferences.
- Open Print & Fax by double-clicking on the icon in System Preferences.
- Click the + icon to add a new printer.
- Enter/Modify the following information about the printer you wish to add:
- In the Protocol drop-down menu choose Line Printer Daemon - LPD.
- In the Address field enter the DNS name of the printer.
- Leave the Queue field blank.
- In the Name field Enter a name for the printer. It is recommended to include the model number and location in the name of the printer (i.e. Room 2112 HP4650).
- In the Location field enter the printer's location.
- In the Print Using drop-down menu, choose Auto Select. The computer should then choose the appropriate driver for the printer.
- Click Add.