Telephone Activity Reports - Displaying TAR Reports
This webdoc has the instructions on viewing the telephone activity reports (TAR). This method was rolled out in August 2012 after an upgrade in the server software.
To display the TAR reports:
- Disable any pop-up blockers. See: Web Browsers - Popup Blockers
- Go to the following website: http://voice.services.wisc.edu/webapp/
Click on "Report History"
Change the SEARCH BY field to "DATE"
Click on the GET button
Displaying the Reports
Here are a couple of tips for viewing the reports.
You can view a list of display options by right-clicking on the report and left clicking "Show Navigation Pane Buttons". When you are viewing a report, look in the left margin near the top. There are four icons.
- Page Thumbnails: Clicking here will display a listing of the report where each page is displayed as a thumbnail. Click on a thumbnail to display that page.
- Bookmarks: This will display the report broken down by account code. It is pretty much the same navigation tool that was in the old reports.
- Paper Clip: Display attachments (these reports typically do not have any).
- Binoculars: a search function to find term or specific text within the report.
note: Depending on the software that you are using, you may see a question mark within a circle. Clicking on it will give you a listing of help topics.
Another possibility for viewing reports that you might consider is exporting it. On the lower left side of the screen, you will find a dropdown box that says Export Format Type* next to it. You can select a file format from there and export it to another application for viewing. The PDF file format will automatically make bookmarks for each funding string making it easy to navigate. Be aware that other formats are not very user friendly.