WiscWeb CMS - Publishing Troubleshooting
This document shows how to troubleshoot publishing issues on your web.
Before troubleshooting, make sure you have followed the proper steps to publish your content. Publishing is one of the most commonly misunderstood features of WiscWeb CMS. Often times content is still in draft or submitted to workflow but not published.
Use the workflow in the following document, WiscWeb CMS - Process to Publish Content Updates and the documents linked within the workflow. If you are confident that you have completed these steps, continue to the troubleshooting section below.
Publishing a website takes a varying amount of time, depending on how much content there is to publish. If you publish content and it has not updated your production site, one possibility is that it is in queue waiting to be published. There are two ways to know if your website is still in the process of publishing.
- When you publish the content, you should have designated an email address that would be notified when the site is finished publishing.
- If you have not received that email, then the site has not published yet.
- If you have received the email and the content has not published, check the email to see what errors were reported. If you cannot decipher what the errors mean, please forward the email to email@example.com with a short message about what pages you were trying to publish.
- You can also check the status of publication in SmartTree. Got to SmartTree > Administer Publication > Project > Current Jobs. Anything listed in Current Jobs is in queue to be published and will be published as soon as it can be process by WiscWeb CMS.
If you are certain you have correctly published your content and the content is not in queue to be published, the next step is to attempt re-publishing your entire website.
- Navigate to your website's homepage in WiscWeb CMS.
- Use WiscWeb CMS - Publishing Your Site in SmartTree or WiscWeb CMS - Publishing Your Site in SmartEdit and follow the instructions to publish the homepage. Make sure that you have Publish related pages checked on the publish screen.
If re-publishing your entire site fails to update your content, use WiscWeb CMS - How to Get Help to contact the WiscWeb CMS support team so that we can resolve your issue.