WiscChat - Configuring Thunderbird for Chat
This document explains how to configure Mozilla Thunderbird for chat for both Windows and Mac OS X.
Note: Chat is only available for newer versions of Thunderbird. If you don't see the options described below, try downloading the latest version of Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/
- From the File menu, select New, then Chat Account...
- Select XMPP, then hit Next
- In the Username field, enter your full email address, then hit Next
- Enter your password in the Password field, then hit Next
- Enter the display name you want your contacts to see in the Alias field. Then click on the arrow next to XMPP Options to display additional options
- In the Server field, enter wiscmail.wisc.edu. Then hit Next.
- Review your your account information. Make sure the box next to Connect this account now is checked. Then hit Finish.
- You are now ready to use the chat feature in Thunderbird! Select Chat from the Go menu to get started.