How to clear overdrafts on 233-gift accounts

This document contains instructions on how to clear an over draft on a 233 gift account

To clear overdrafts on your 233- gift accounts, you should process a check request to transfer funds from an appropriate departmental UW Foundation account. To get to the check request, Log into the new UWF management system then click on "Fund Management" in the red navigation bar under the Advancement Resources heading.  Select "Check/ACH requests" from the pull down menu. 

A matching gift routing form should be submitted with the check request so that UW Foundation funds can be deposited into the 233-gift account. The Foundation check request form and gift routing form should be forwarded to Mary Machaj 408 South Hall.

If no UW Foundation funds are available to clear the overdraft, then expenses must be transferred from the 233- project to another discretionary funding source using the cost transfer tool

While small overdrafts on 233- gift accounts are acceptable in the short term, we have guidance from the Vice Chancellor for Administration’s office to clear these quarterly.  If you have questions or need guidance, please contact Mary Machaj at 263-2316.

See Also:

Keywords:Gifts, 233, gift accounts, post-award, overdraft gift routing form, gift check routing form, check request   Doc ID:26520
Owner:Mary M.Group:College of Letters & Science
Created:2012-09-20 13:32 CDTUpdated:2016-07-19 14:40 CDT
Sites:College of Letters & Science
Feedback:  0   0