How to clear overdrafts on 233-gift accounts
This document contains instructions on how to clear an over draft on a 233 gift account
To get to the check request, Log into the new UWF management system then click on "Fund Management" in the red navigation bar under the Advancement Resources heading. Select "Check/ACH requests" from the pull down menu.
The Foundation check request form and gift routing form should be forwarded to Mary Machaj 408 South Hall.
If no UW Foundation funds are available to clear the overdraft, then expenses must be transferred from the 233- project to another discretionary funding source using the cost transfer tool.
While small overdrafts on 233- gift accounts are acceptable in the short term, we have guidance from the Vice Chancellor for Administration’s office to clear these quarterly. If you have questions or need guidance, please contact Mary Machaj at 263-2316.
- Transferring Funds from UW Foundation to 233- Projects
- UW Foundation Overview
- How to pay using UW Foundation Funds
- Depositing Gifts into UW Foundation Funds and 233- Projects
- Frequently Asked Questions about University Policies Related to UW Foundation Gifts and Other Accounts
- Gift Acknowledgment
- UW Foundation Accounting Structure, 2014