ACS Equipment Reservation System - Reserving Equipment
Instructions for reserving ACS Equipment
ACS maintains numerous computing equipment that can be loaned to CALS Administration customers for business purposes. Please note the following regarding our reservation policy:
- All equipment is reserved on a first-come, first-serve basis
- ACS requires a 2-hour reservation window. This means that equipment cannot be reserved less than 2 hours before the desired start time. If your reservation cannot comply with this schedule, please contact email@example.com.
- All equipment requests must be approved by ACS Equipment Reservation System administrator(s). Once the request has been approved, the owner of the reservation will receive a confirmation email.
- Unless other arrangements are made, all equipment is to be picked up and returned to 216 Ag Hall.
To reserve equipment:
3. Navigate to the date and time of the reservation you wish to make. Find the equipment you wish to reserve, and then click on the "start time" for the reservation.
- On the Reservation screen enter (see image below):
- Date and time of the reservation. NOTE: ACS requires a 2 hour reservation window for each reservation request. This means you will not be able to reserve equipment less than 2 hours before your desired start time. If your reservation cannot adhere to this schedule, please contact ACS directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Specify who the equipment is reserved for. It will assume that the
equipment should be reserved for the person initiating the
reservation. If the reservation is not for yourself, indicate who the reservation is for in the summary section. An Equipment Reservation System Administrator will then change the reservation "owner".
- Enter any notes that would be useful in the Summary text box.
- Specify the recurrence of the reservation, if you want a reservation to repeat over a course of time.
- Set the reminders. These can be set for 5, 10 or 30 minutes
- Click "Save" when done. This will display a successful creation window and then generate an email to the reservation owner/requester confirming the reservation request.
4. You will then receive an email notification of your reservation.
Here is a sample email notification: