ResNet (Mac OS X) - Unable to get a Valid IP Address
This document describes general troubleshooting for not being assigned a valid IP address on ResNet.
- Open System Perferences... from the Apple menu.
- Open the Network item.
- Select the interface that you are connecting with in the left hand column (i.e. Ethernet or WiFi).
- Choose the Advanced button in the bottom right corner of the page.
- Under the TCP/IP tab, you will be able to verify your current IP address
- 172.x.x.x - You are on the registration network
- 146.x.x.x - You are on ResNet's network
- 169.x.x.x - You are not getting an IP address from ResNet
- 192.x.x.x or 10.x.x.x - You are receiving an IP from a router. See Document 26657 is unavailable at this time. for further information.
- If you are not receiving a proper IP address, you may click on Renew DHCP Lease button, which will inform the network, that you would like a new IP address
- You may then verify your IP address using the above information.