D2L - Changing Language Settings (Instructors and Students) (UW-Madison)
Individual users can set the language used for their personal D2L experience (across all course sites). Instructors of language courses can set the language for a course site that overrides the personal preferences of students.
Edit personal language setting across all courses (Instructor and Student)
These steps will change the display language for all of your courses in D2L.1. From the My Home page (the page which appears immediately after logging in), click the Account Settings link in the "My Settings" widget.
2. In the "Locale and Language" section, set your preferred language by selecting among the options in the drop down menu:
3. Click Save and Close.
Enforce a language pack on an individual site for language courses (Instructor)As the instructor of a course, you can set the language for your course site that will override the personal settings of enrolled students.
1. Go to your course site. Under the "Course Admin" dropdown menu, select Edit Course.
2. Click the Course Offering Information link.
3. Select your desired language from the "Locale" dropdown menu.
4. Check the box for "Override locale preferences."
5. Click the Save button.
NOTE: Instructors can change the display name (as they appear in the navigation bar) for tools by following the steps in this document: D2L - Renaming Course Tools in the Navbar
If you find inconsistencies in the deployment of these D2L language packs (e.g. a button or tab that still appears in English), please send a note through the general feedback link on the D2L Login page.
D2L - Preparing Students for Course Sites in another Language