D2L - Inserting quicklinks in the HTML Editor (UW-Madison)
1. Ensure the cursor is lined up in the the space you wish to add the Quicklink.
Quicklinks can be used to link to resources within D2L, or on the public internet.
2. Click the Insert Quicklink icon.
3. You will see a new window labeled, "Insert Quicklink."
4. Choose the type of material you wish to insert from the list. Each material type will change to a new Quicklink window with details specific to that type. For example, a commonly used type is "URL." The options are to enter a URL of an outside website and the link title that will become the hyperlink's text. However, if you choose to link to "Content" within the course, the window will allow you to select the content topic you wish to link to.
5. Choose "Insert" and links to the resources will be added to your content page.
|Calendar||Places an event in the calendar and links to the event description. An event must be created ahead of time.|
|Chat||Connects to a chat room. The chat space must be already created.|
|Checklist||Links to a checklist. The checklist must be already created.|
|Content||Links to a topic or course page|
|Course File||Links to a file that has been uploaded to the course. For example, this could link to a PDF or reading.|
|ePortfolio Item||Direct link to a ePortfolio item in either "My items" or "Shared items."|
|External Learning Tools||Links to tools (like Piazza, iClicker) that have been formally integrated with D2L|
|Form Templates||Direct link to a form. Must be created ahead of time.|
|Message Board||Direct link to a discussion forum. Forum must be created ahead of time.|
|Quizzes||Direct link to a quiz. Must be created ahead of time.|
|Self-Assessments||Direct link to a self-assessment.|
|Surveys||Direct link to a survey.|
|Test||Direct link to a dropbox item. Dropbox must be created ahead of time.|
|URL||The web address of an outside website. NOTE: If you wish to link back to your homepage you will have to insert a Quicklink with the actual web address of the course home.|
|Web Conferencing||Direct link to our web conferencing service, Blackboard Connect.|