Departmental VPN (Mac) - Connecting with the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client
This document describes how to establish a connection to a department LAN with the AnyConnect VPN client software.
Click on Applications -> Cisco -> Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client.
The VPN Client will start.
If the web installation from vpn.wisc.edu was successful, the connection field should read UW Dept VPN (campus region) instead of a server name. To change the connection, use the dropdown menu to select a different campus region.
If the campus regions do not appear by default, you will need to manually enter the server name. The server names for the Departmental VPN campus regions are as follows:
- East Campus: dept-ra-432nm.vpn.wisc.edu
- West Campus: dept-ra-animal.vpn.wisc.edu
- Central Campus: dept-ra-cssc.vpn.wisc.edu
Click Connect to proceed.
- The AnyConnect window should change to display fields for the Group, Username, and Password. The department connection you chose when you first downloaded AnyConnect should be selected by default. Use the dropdown menu for Group: to change the connection entry if necessary, then fill in your username and password and click OK to connect.
- Note: The Group dropdown will only display the connections available for the campus region that was selected when you first clicked "Connect." If you need to access a department connection hosted within a different campus region, you will need to start over with a different region selected in step 2.
If you get a "Login failed." error message, verify that you are using the correct departmental account credentials. If you believe you are using the correct credentials and still cannot connect, contact the DoIT Help Desk for assistance.
The AnyConnect icon will now appear in the menu bar:
To disconnect from Departmental VPN, click on the AnyConnect VPN client icon in the menu bar and select Disconnect.