Primary Job Flags drive benefit eligibility and when benefit deductions are taken. When the Flag is set to a job that the employee is not paid on, deductions will not take from that payroll. The system will automatically assess each JOB row action to determine if the Benefit Flag Assignment is appropriate and will set the Primary Job.
You may click on the links below to navigate directly to a section:
Instructions: Rebuilding Primary Job Flags
1. Navigate to HRS > Benefits > Maintain Primary Jobs > UW Custom Rebuild Pri Job Flag.
2. Either enter your Run Control ID and click Search or Click Search and select your Run Control ID
3. Enter the Employee ID (EmplID) for the employee whose Primary Job Flags need to be rebuilt.
4. Enter the Effective Date that you want to rebuild.Check the Rebuild All Future EffDt Row(s) if you wish to rebuild flags for that effective date and all dates forward. Uncheck the box if you wish to only rebuild flags for that specific date.
5. Click Run.
This will take you to the Process Scheduler Request
6. In the Process Scheduler Request
should be set to 'Web,' and Format
set to 'TXT' and then click OK
. This will take you back to the Primary Jobs Maint
7. From the Primary Job Maint
screen, click on the Process Monitor
8. Your process instance should be listed at the top. If the Run Status
does not say Success
and Distribution Status
is not Posted
, click on Refresh
button until the statuses change.
9. Rebuilding the Primary Job Flags will revert the Job Flags to the following order:
- If there is only one active Student Help (SH) job, this job will be flagged as the Benefits Primary
- If multiple active non-SH jobs exist, it will set the job with the maximum FTE as the Benefits Primary
- If multiple active non-SH jobs exist with the same FTE, it will assign the Benefits Primary Job based on the following order of priority in Employee Class (Empl_Class): LI, FA, AS, CP, CJ, CL, OT1, ET, SA, SH, OT2, OT3, OT4,..etc.
- If multiple active non-SH jobs exist, with the same FTE and the same Empl_Class, it will assign the Primary Flag based on
the following order of priority in Pay Basis on JOB: A, C, H, L, S, V, N.
The benefits administrator needs to be aware of this order and go back and change the defaults if needed to reflect the correct values at the correct times. This is done by going back into the Maintain Flags
section of Maintain Primary Jobs
. As done before, enter the Employee's ID number (EmplID)
whose flags were rebuilt.
Instructions: Manually Setting a Primary Job Flag
In this example, the Primary Job Flag should be assigned to Employee Record (Empl_Rcd) 1, but was reverted to EmplRcd 0. As shown below, the benefits administrator will need to change this to the proper EmplRcd by checking the box next to the correct Primary Job for that date and clicking Save
. The Benefit Administrator should review the flags again after clicking Save to make sure the flags are now set to the proper jobs.
- Click HERE to contact UW Shared Services - Service Operations Department or HERE for the UWSS IT HelpDesk if you have any issues with these instructions