FN - Run Report Showing Employee Funding Becoming Inactive
You can run a PeopleSoft HRS report to list funding rows (from the employee's Funding Data Entry page) where the Project/Grant or funding Department will become inactive over a specified future date range. This information allows you to be proactive if you need to change the employee's Appointment level funding before it becomes invalid.
If Department level funding will become invalid during the specified date range, a Department level funding row displays at the end of the alphabetical list of employee names.
If Position level funding will become invalid during the specified date range, a Position level funding row displays at the end of the alphabetical list of employee names.
HRS Security Role NeededFI Campus User Funding Reports
From the HRS Main Menu, navigate to: UW Financial Reports > Proj/Dept Inactive Fund Report.
- In the Proj/Dept Inactive Funding Rpt search screen:
a. If this is the first time running this report, click the Add a New Value tab. Go to Step 3.
b. If not the first time running the report, click Search to locate your pre-existing Run Control ID. Go to Step 4.
Note: A Run Control ID is name assigned to a set of report parameters used to run the report. Once saved, it can be re-used the next time the report is run.
- In the Inactive Fund Rpt tab, the Run Control ID field shows the name given to the Run Control ID for this report (e.g. INACTIVEFUNDING).
a. In the required field for Business Unit, select the 5-character Business Unit abbreviation for your campus (e.g. UWMSN).
b. In the optional field for Funding Dept, enter all or part of the 6-digit funding department; or leave blank to include all funding departments. If you enter a partial funding department, you must use the percent character as a wildcard (e.g. 5311%).
c. In the required field for Begin Date, choose a beginning date that is set in the future (or prior to the next Payroll Confirmation deadline).
d. In the required field for End Date, choose an ending date that is set in the future (or prior to the next Payroll Confirmation deadline).
- To save the Run Control ID for re-use, click the Save button. (HRS briefly displays the word Saved in the upper right-hand corner of the screen).
To run the report with your parameters, click the Run button.
- In the Process Scheduler Request screen:
a. To choose an output file format different than the default PDF (portable document format), click the drop-down arrow in the Format field, and select from the list of available choices (e.g. CSV for comma separated value).
Note: The option for CSV (comma separated value) allows you to open the file in an Excel spreadsheet.
b. To run the report, click OK.
- After clicking OK, the Inactive Fund Rpt tab displays. A unique Process Instance number (e.g. 1139204) shows that your report is running in the background.
- To display the run status of your report, click the hyperlink for Process Monitor.
- After clicking the Process Monitor hyperlink, the Process List screen displays. Locate your unique Instance number (e.g. 1139204) based on the report run date/time.
a. In the Process List screen, click on the yellow Refresh button until the report Run Status indicates "Success" and the Distribution Status indicates "Posted."
b. When the Run Status displays "Success" and Distribution Status displays "Posted", click on the Details hyperlink to view the report results.
- After clicking on the Details hyperlink, the Process Detail screen displays.
a. Locate the Actions section on the lower right-hand portion of the screen.
b. Click the View Log/Trace hyperlink to view the report results.
- In the View Log/Trace window, the File List section contains the output file format selected in Step 6 above. In our example, the .PDF output file format was selected. Click on the file name to view the report results.
- The Employee Funding Becoming Inactive report results open in a new window. (See screenshot below). It is sorted by Funding Dept, Employee Name, Empl ID (employee ID), Empl Rcd (employee record number), and Project ID. A page break occurs with each distinct funding department.
a. Appointment-level funding row(s) display for employees whose funding will become inactive due to a Project ending or a funding department closing.
b. For each employee identified on the report results, you should analyze the message indicated in the Problem column.
Note: You may need to view personnel-related actions on the employee's Job Data record to complete your analysis.
c. You will need to change the employee's appointment funding before the Project ends or the funding department closes.
Note: For instructions, refer to FN - Add or Change Appointment Level Funding for Employee's Salary Expense .
Screenshot Example of Project Ending for Employees with Appointment Level Funding
13. If Department level funding will become inactive during the specified date range, a Department level funding row displays at the end of the alphabetical list of employee names, for each distinct funding department. It is recommended that department level funding use a funding string that will not expire in the next few years.
Note: You will need to change the Department level funding before the project ends or the funding department closes. For instructions, refer to HRS KnowledgeBase FN - Add or Change Department Level Funding for an Appointing Department .
14. When finished analyzing the report results, close the window.
Related JobaidsFN - Add or Change Position Level Funding for Employees' Salary Expense
FN - Add or Change Appointment Level Funding for Employee's Salary Expense
FN - Add or Change Department Level Funding for an Appointing Department