FN - Run the Detailed Salary Funding Plan Report
You can run a Detailed Salary Funding Plan Report for employees with appointment, position or department level funding. The report can be run ad-hoc and is based on the funding effective date. The report results shows an employee's pay periods, compensation amount per pay period, funding combination code, total dollar amount, and total funding distribution percent. For employees with appointment level funding, the report also displays job-related data such as: job effective date, position number, FTE, Standard Hours, Pay Group, Pay Rate, Appointing Dept, Title, Employee Class, and Pay Basis.
If an employee with appointment level funding has a pay rate change during the fiscal year, the report displays this information and adjusts the totals accordingly.
REPORT LIMITATIONS: This report is designed for employees with one pay group per fiscal year. If an employee has multiple pay groups in the same fiscal year, you will need to run the report separately for each pay group.
NOTE: The report is also known as the Total by Pay Period Plan Report. This HRS funding report replaces the former PayData Final Output report which was used in our legacy payroll system prior to April 2011.
PeopleSoft HRS Security Role Needed:
FI Campus User Funding Reports
2. In the Detailed Sal Fund Plan Report search page:
a. If this is the first time running this report, click the Add a New Value tab. Go to Step 3.
b. If not the first time running the report, click Search to locate your pre-existing Run Control ID. Go to Step 4.
Note: A Run Control ID is a name assigned to a set of report parameters used to run the report. Once saved, it can be re-used the next time the report is run.
a. In the required field for Department, if known, enter the 7-character appointing Department which begins with your campus alpha code identifier (e.g. A198000). If unknown, click on the data lookup icon and search.
b. The Position field is optional. Only enter the 8-digit Position number, if you wish to run the report for an employee with Position-level funding.
c. In the required field for Empl ID, enter the 8-digit employee identification number (e.g. 00074813).
d. In the required field for Empl Rcd Nbr, enter the employee record number which is tied to the employee's job in the appointing department (e.g. 0, 1, 2, 3, etc.).
e. The Reporting Period Request Parms (parameters) section allows you to choose from three reporting period options: Summer Period, Fiscal Year or Custom Date Range.
(1) For active employees with a Pay Basis of either Summer Session (e.g. Teaching) or Summer Service (e.g. Research/Administrative), you can select Summer Period or Custom Date Range.
(2) To run the report for the Fiscal Year (July 1 - June 30), select Fiscal Year; in the Year field, enter the four-digit Fiscal Year (e.g. 2014).
(3) To run the report for a specific period, select Custom Date Range; enter the Begin Date and End Date of a date range that is within the Fiscal Year (July 1 - June 30).
c. To save your Run Control ID for re-use, click Save. (HRS briefly displays the word Saved in the upper right-hand corner of the screen).
5. To run the Detailed Salary Funding Plan Report with your parameters, click the Run button.
6. In the Process Scheduler Request screen, click OK to continue.
7. After clicking OK, the Dtl Sal Fund Plan tab displays. A unique Process Instance number (e.g. 1143104) shows that your report is running in the background.
8. To monitor the status of your report, click the hyperlink for Process Monitor.
9. After clicking the Process Monitor hyperlink, the Process List screen displays. Locate your unique Instance number (e.g. 1143104) based on the report run date/time.
a. In the Process List screen, click on the yellow Refresh button until the report Run Status indicates "Success" and the Distribution Status indicates "Posted."
b. When the Run Status displays "Success" and Distribution Status displays "Posted", click on the Details hyperlink to view the report results.
10. After clicking on the Details hyperlink, the Process Detail screen displays.
a. Locate the Actions section on the lower right-hand portion of the screen.
b. Click the View Log/Trace hyperlink to view the report results.
11. In the View Log/Trace window, in the File List section, select the filename with the .htm file extension.
12. The report results open in a new window.
a. On the report results, a Table of Contents frameset displays on the left-hand side which crowds the screen for single page reports. To remove the Table of Contents frameset, delete the " _frm " characters near the end of the web address, and click Enter/Return on your keyboard. (See Example of Report Results with Table of Contents Frameset Displayed below).
b. To view the report results in a larger font, you can zoom in and out. For Windows' users, you can use keyboard shortcuts <Ctrl>< +> and <Ctrl> < - > to zoom in and zoom out respectively.
NOTE: If you see report results with the words, "Assignment Not Found", this means there is no active appointment for the employee.
13. Each section of the Detailed Salary Funding Plan Report output is described below:
a. Run Cntl ID: (Run Control ID) displays your user defined value (e.g. SALARYFUND) from Step 4 above.
b. Report Option: Displays the reporting period option selected from the Dtl Sal Fund Plan page, Reporting Period Request Parms area in Step 4 above. Report options include: Summer Period, Fiscal Year or Custom Date Range.
c. Employee Name: Employee's First Name and Last Name (e.g. Edward Engineer).
d. Empl ID: 8-digit unique Employee ID (e.g. 00074813).
e. Empl Rcd: Employee record number which identifies a primary or secondary job (e.g. 0).
f. Job End Date: The Expected Job End Date field (if applicable) from the employee's HR Job Data record, Work Location tab. This field may be blank.
g. Appointment Summary displays the employee's HR job-related information that is in effect as of the Report Run Date:
- Job EffDate - Job Effective Date(s) of the employee's appointment from the HR Job Data record, Work Location tab. (See also HRS KnowledgeBase document 18124, HR - View Job Inquiry/Employee Job Data Record in HRS ).
- Position - 8 digit Position Number(s) of the employee's appointment from the HR Job Data record, Work Location tab. (This field may be blank).
- FTE - Full Time Equivalent percentage from employee's HR Job Data record, Job Information tab.
- Rate - Compensation Rate (or Comp Rate) from employee's HR Job Data record, Compensation tab.
- Std Hrs - Number of Standard Hours to be worked per week, according to the employee's HR Job Data record, Job Information tab.
- Paygroup - A 3-character code which ties the employee to a particular UW Payroll Calendar, with specific pay period begin and end dates. The Pay Group code is listed on the employee's HR Job Data record, Payroll tab. (See also HRS KnowledgeBase document 29890, PY - Pay Group Descriptions ).
If Pay Group Code begins with: Applicable Payroll Calendar
Monthly Pay Schedule (12 pay periods; paid monthly)
Academic Pay Schedule (specific to each campus; 9 pay periods; paid monthly)
Bi-weekly Pay Schedule (generally 26 pay periods; paid hourly every 2 weeks)
Summer Session (Teaching) Pay Schedule (specific to each campus)
Summer Service (Research/Administrative) Pay Schedule (specific to each campus)
h. Appointing Dept: 7 character Department ID (e.g. A198000) of the appointing department from the employee's HR Job Data record, Job Information tab.
i. Title: Job Title description from the employee's HR Job Data record, Job Information tab.
j. Employee Class: Employee classification (Empl Class) from the employee's HR Job Data record, Job Information tab. Note: For a list of employee classification code definitions, refer to HRS KnowledgeBase document 15813, HR - Empl Class Overview .
k. Pay Basis: The principal condition in terms of time, production, or other criteria, along with salary rate, which determines the compensation paid to an employee. The Pay Basis is listed on the employee's HR Job Data record, Job Information tab. (See also HRS KnowledgeBase document 29426, PY - Pay Basis Descriptions ).
Abbreviation (in HRS Reports)
|Academic school year with 9 pay periods; paid monthly|
|Fiscal year (July 1 - June 30) with 12 pay periods; paid monthly|
|Paid bi-weekly for hours worked per pay period in calendar year|
|Lump sum payment (e.g. fixed dollar amount)|
|No Pay Basis||
|Non paid appointment|
|Research or Administrative appointment during a summer period; Payroll Calendar is specific to each campus; paid monthly|
|Teaching appointment during a summer period; Payroll Calendar is specific to each campus; paid monthly|
l. Pay Rate: Compensation rate for the employee's job. The Pay Rate value will print multiple times if a change in compensation rate occurs or is set to occur during the specified time period. For University Staff (classified), hourly employees, the annualized 1.00 FTE compensation rate will display. The hourly rate will display for student help employees and for unclassified, monthly paid employees. (For a screenshot example, go to section, Report Example for Classified, Hourly Employee with Pay Rate Change).
m. Pay Period: The interval at which an employee is paid by UW. An employee's Pay Group code determines the appropriate UW Payroll Calendar, with specific pay period begin and end dates.
n. Fund: The payroll funding combination code (also known as "funding string") for the employee's salary expense (e.g. earnings, deductions, taxes). If funding changes become effective in the middle of a pay period, the affected pay period will be broken down into two or more sub-periods to reflect the change in funding. (For a sample screenshot, go to section Report Example for Annual, 12 Month Employee with Funding Change below).
(1) The report output will display as many funding columns as necessary, according to the funding distribution rows on the employee's Funding Data Entry page.
(2) If the employee has less than 6 funding distribution rows on the Funding Data Entry page, the report will display column heading(s) of Fund 2, Fund 3, Fund 4, Fund 5 or Fund 6, with blank values.
For example, the funding combination code 144-198000-4-PRJ53GL-1002 is made up of the following segments:
- Fund (3-digit fund code) Example: 144
- Funding Dept (6-digit funding department) Example: 198000
- Program code (1-character program code) Example: 4
- Project (7-character Project/Grant ID, if applicable) Example: PRJ53GL
Note: If the end date (e.g. 12/31/2013) of a Project/Grant occurs within the date range of the selected report option (e.g. Fiscal Year 2014), the report results will not display past the end date of the Project/Grant.
- Account Code (4-digit general ledger account code in the Shared Financial System) Example: 1002
o. Total (dollar amount): Total dollar amount for the Pay Period.
(1) For monthly-paid, salaried employees, the total dollar amount for each Pay Period is the sum of: (Annual Pay Rate) ÷ (Number of pay periods) × (Funding distribution percent).
(2) For hourly-paid employees, the total dollar amount for each Pay Period is the sum of: (Pay Rate) × (Standard Hours) × (Number of weeks in Pay Period) × (Funding distribution percent).
p. Fund Level: Appointment, Position or Department.
(1) Appointment level funding means you are funding the salary expense for one employee, in one appointing department per fiscal year.
(2) Position level funding means you are funding the salary expenses for multiple employees in the same Position number per fiscal year.
(3) Department level funding means you are funding the salary expenses for multiple employees in the same appointing Department per fiscal year.
q. Fund Total (dollar amount): Sum total dollars per funding combination code for the specified Pay Period(s).
r. Fund Percent: Total funding distribution percentage per funding combination code for the specified Pay Period(s).
- Document 20580 is unavailable at this time.
- Document 21066 is unavailable at this time.
- Document 21088 is unavailable at this time.
- HR - Empl Class Overview
- UW Payroll Calendar
- FN - Salary Funding Levels Assigned During Payroll Processing
- HR - View Job Inquiry/Employee Job Data Record in HRS
- SFS Account Codes for Salary and Fringe Benefits