This page contains information about the L&S Equity and Diversity committee, including members, goals, helpful material and contacts.
What is the L&S Equity and Diversity Committee (EDC)?:
The L&S Equity & Diversity Committee strives to understand and report on the experiences of students, staff and faculty of color, those from historically underrepresented groups, first-generation students and low-income students. The goal: create a welcoming environment for all.
Helpful EDC Resouces/Material:
- L&S Departmental Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Contacts
- Contact information for equity and diversity liaisons or staff for departments and units within L&S. You may use this list to reach out to other L&S departments for discussions, idea sharing, or collaborations for EDI efforts!
- Departmental EDI Contacts (last updated July 6, 2020)
- Best Practices Document
- A handout describing best practices to promote a fair and equitable climate in departments, with specific suggestions and links to national resources. Written May 2020
- Best Practices for Dept. Diversity Document
- Resources for White Allies
- A UW Division of Diversity, Equity & Educational Achievement website with resources, grouped by media type.
Committee Members (Current as of May 15, 2020)
|Kristin Eschenfelder||L&S Admin/i School||Faculty|
|Lori Lopez||Communication Arts||Faculty|
|Gloria Mari-Beffa (Co-Chair)||L&S Admin/Math||Faculty|
|Anne Pringle (Co-Chair)||Botany||Faculty|
|Michael Swift||Computer Science||Faculty|
|Eric Wilcots||L&S Admin/Astronomy||Faculty|
|Alisha Arnold||L&S Admin (HR)||Academic Staff|
|Kathie Borough||Math||Academic Staff|
|Jennifer Hekman||Asian Languages & Cultures||Academic Staff|
|Jeff Henriques||Psychology||Academic Staff|
|Faye Lux||Political Science||Academic Staff|
|Jose Madera||L&S Admin (SAA-CAE)||Academic Staff|
|DeVon Wilson||L&S Admin (SAA-CAE)||Academic Staff|
|Maryellen Pawley||L&S Admin (Dean's Office)||University Staff|