UW Flexible Option
(888) 526-2626 -- eCampus
(877) 895-3276 -- UW-Flex Independent Learning Adviser, U.S. Toll Free
(877) 724-7883 -- Technical Support (7 a.m.-11 p.m., 7 days a week except federal holidays)
Fax (608) 262-4096
Hours (in US Central Time)
Monday-Thursday: 8:00 a.m.–7:30 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
First Saturday of the month: 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
Flexible Option Enrollment Team
UW-Extension-Continuing Education, Outreach & E-Learning
5602 Research Park Boulevard, Suite 300
Madison, WI 53719-1245
The UW-Flexible Option: a more accessible and affordable way for working adults to reach their education and career goals. It is led by partnerships throughout the UW System and UW-Extension, the Flexible Option draws upon the expertise of UW faculty to offer a more personalized and flexible college experience. Through the Flexible Option you can take full advantage of free educational resources available online and elsewhere, and then demonstrate your knowledge through robust, reliable assessments. The result is a new option for obtaining a high-quality degree that reduces costs and improves accessibility. eCampus is your gateway to online education programs offered throughout the University of Wisconsin System. With all things "Wisconsin," from classes taught only by UW professors to a student union, you can look forward to success when you graduate with the same UW degrees and certificates as the students who are on campus.
- Start and complete courses when you want. You choose a schedule that works for your life: start whenever you want.
- Move at your own pace. Degree progress is based on assessments of competency in a subject area, not seat time in a classroom. When you've demonstrated mastery of a subject, you move on to new material right away.
- Get credit for what you know. The Flexible Option helps you to shorten the time required to complete your degree by assessing and crediting knowledge you acquired in the workplace, from free open educational resources, or from other experiences.
Best of all, you graduate with a degree from UW institutions: schools that employers recognize and respect.
For a full list of Degree and Certificate programs see the webpage http://flex.wisconsin.edu/degrees-programs/