TAM - Job Posting Not Showing
If a job posting is not displaying on candidate gateway, there are a few things to check to ensure that the job posting is set up correctly.
1. Navigate to your Job Opening: HRS Main Menu > Recruiting > Find Job Openings
2. Enter the search criteria to search for the Job Opening (e.g. Job Opening ID, Most Recent Activity, etc). Reference KB # 20381 - HRS TAM - Search for Job Opening(s)
3. Click on the Job Opening Details link within the Job Opening.
4. Click on the Job Postings link.
5. Click on the blue hyperlink for the titled Job Postings within the Job Postings section.
6. Review the Job Postings Destination section. The Destination and Posting Type indicates where the recruitment will be posted and must be correct in order to reach the targeted audience. If these fields are not correctly populated then your recruitment may not post.
For example, if your institution wants a job posting to be visible in Candidate Gateway for applicants to see, then a "Campus Website" must be selected from the Destinations pull down menu and "External" must be selected for the Posting Type. This will ensure it can be viewed by new applicants. The same premise applies for a job posting to be visible for internal applicants (UW employees). "UW Portal" must be selected from the Destination pull down menu and "Internal" must be selected for the Posting Type.
Reference the table below for the correct Destinations and Posting Types for each option.
|Campus Website - Specify Site (e.g. UW Eau Claire), to post to Candidate Gateway||External|
|UW Portal, to post to Self Service Careers||Internal|
|HigherEdJobs.com||External (nightly feed)|
|Newspaper||External with Subsources selected|
|Journal||External with Subsources selected|
External with Subsources selected
7. Lastly, check the Relative Open Date field for each of the Destination Types. It is best practice to use the Relative Open Date. Click on the dropdown list and choose "Approve Dt". When the Job Opening/or Requisition is approved, the posting will be automatically created and posted by the system. The number of days in the Posting Duration are " X days" after the approval date.
Note: A batch process is scheduled on a hourly basis around 15 minutes past the hour which sends the new postings to Candidate Gateway and Self Service Careers when the correct Destination and Posting Type are selected.
For additional information about Job Postings, refer to the HRS TAM - Create a Job Opening - Job Posting(s) (KB# 19509).