SAFE Walk Nighttime Services / Transportation Services
(608) 262-9798 -- Coordinator
(608) 262-5000 -- Request SAFE Walk via phone call or text message
October 1-March 31: 7 PM to 1 AM
April 1 - September 30: 8 PM to 1 AM
Not available on holidays including: New Years Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Years Eve
610 Walnut St.
Rm 124 WARF Building
Madison, WI 53726
SAFE (Safe Arrival For Everyone) Nighttime Services are the University's comprehensive late night transportation system, available to students, faculty, staff and university guests. The goal of SAFE is to promote personal and community safety through offering a safe means of nighttime transportation and educating the UW community on matters of nighttime safety. SAFE Services comprise of:
- SAFEwalk provides walking escorts to all of campus and more...
- Hours: 7 p.m.- 1 a.m., (October 1st-March 31st), 8 p.m.- 1 a.m. (April 1st-September 30th)
- Nighttime campus bus service (routes 80, 81 and 82)
- Three circular routes.
- Other Nighttime Information
- Lightway Walking path, Emergency Telephones, Chimera Self-Defense Program and more...