[ay15-16] Moodle - Use of UW Box.com In Moodle
This article will explain how to use UW Box and how to use UW Box with Moodle when uploading files.
Initializing UW Box Account
To initialize your UW Box account, you have to log in using these steps:
- Go to https://uwmadison.box.com/
- Click on Continue on the right side of the page
- You will be taken to a NetID login page; login with your NetID and password
- After logging in successfully, you will see your UW-Madison Box account
NOTE: If you have not logged in at least once using the steps above, you won't be able to log in through Moodle.
After you have logged in you can upload files to Box.
You can share these files with people and invite collaborators to work on files with you as well.
Also, you can use Box to easily upload files to Moodle using the steps outlined in the next section.
Using UW Box.com With Moodle
When uploading any file to Moodle, you will be prompted with a screen that looks like this:
Select Add and you will be brought to the "File Picker" screen. In the "File Picker" you may use Box.com in conjunction with Moodle.1. To do this, first click on Box in the File Picker Screen.
2. If this is the first time you have tried logging in to Box through Moodle, you will be taken to the Box login screen.
To log in, just type in your WiscMail email and password.
3. After logging in, click on Grant access to Box
4. After you have successfully logged into your account, the files you have uploaded to Box will be shown in the File Picker.
You can select the file you want to upload and will then be taken to this screen:
After selecting Select this file, the file will be uploaded to Moodle.