Shop@UW - Dell Security Warning in Internet Explorer
This document will help you identify and solve a security issue that you may encounter when accessing the Dell punch-out page from Shop@UW, using Internet Explorer.
Users may encounter the following message when punching-out to Dell using Internet Explorer.
If "No" is selected, users will be brought directly to the site to view the content. If "Yes" is selected, users will need to follow the directions below to update browser security settings and add Dell to the trusted site list.
Updating Security Settings
1. With your Internet Explorer browser open, click the Tools button on the top navigation and select Internet Options from the drop down menu.
2. Select the Security tab. In the Internet section, click the Custom level button.
3. Scroll down to the 'Display mixed content' section and select the Enable radio button.
4. Scroll down to the 'Navigate windows and frames across different domains' section and select the Enable radio button.
5. Scroll down further to the 'Enable XSS filter' section and select the Disable radio button and click OK.
6. When prompted, confirm the changes by clicking Yes.
Adding Dell to Trusted Site List
1. From the Internet Options box with the Security tab selected, click on the Trusted Sites icon. Click on the Sites button.
2. In the 'Trusted sites' child window, type "*.dell.com" in the 'Add this website to the zone' text field and uncheck the 'Require server verification' checkbox and select the Add button.
3. *.dell.com gets added to the Websites list box. Please note: 'Require server verification (https) for all sites in this zone' should be unchecked before you add *.dell.com to your trusted sites. *.dell.com should NOT be prefixed with https://.
4. Click on the Close button to save the settings and close the child window.
5. Click Apply and then OK. Close your browser and reopen it so that the changes can take effect.