How can I tell if I have been dropped or placed on academic suspension?

The following section shows L&S undergraduates how they can determine whether they have been dropped for one calendar year from their formal studies at UW-Madison due to academic performance.

An L&S undergraduate student is dropped (placed on academic suspension) by the College of Letters & Science due to the fact that they have earned a term grade point average (GPA) below 2.00 for at least two (2) consecutive semesters/terms.  (Please note that some students are dropped after multiple consecutive semesters/terms of GPAs below 2.0).  Any L&S undergraduate student who has been dropped or placed on academic suspension for one calendar year will have a notation at the end of his/her student record giving the exact date when the dropped status was posted.   Students who think that they might be on probation, strict probation, or in drop status should speak with their undergraduate advisor(s) as soon as possible for more guidance.  Students can find the contact information for their academic advisor(s) in their My UW Student Center.

See Also:

Keywords:dropped, dropped status, probation, strict probation, academic suspension, L&S   Doc ID:29261
Owner:Tori R.Group:College of Letters & Science
Created:2013-03-28 11:51 CSTUpdated:2018-05-21 15:35 CST
Sites:College of Letters & Science
Feedback:  0   0