Web Hosting - Inactivating Your Account
Coordinating with us on your site's transition to a new server or its removal from our service can help avoid loose ends and service interruptions.
Note: It is your responsibility to inform Web Hosting that your site is moving to another server or being discontinued. Billing will continue up until the date we are notified that service is no longer required.
Transferring Hosting Services
Follow these instructions if you want to transfer your website to a new hosting service.
- Email email@example.com with the IP number or other DNS information for the new server location and the date/time when you'd like us to schedule the DNS migration with the Campus Hostmasters.
- Tell us if your site will use a new domain name. We can help setup a redirect so your users can easily find your new location. See Web Hosting - Website Redirects.
- When the DNS migration is complete or the redirect is in place, we will notify your account contacts and cease billing the account.
Decommissioning Your Website
Follow these instructions if your website is going out of use.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the date/time you'd like us to remove the DNS for your site and let us know whether you'd like your domain to redirect to another DNS or to an informational page explaining why the domain no longer exists.
- When the DNS is removed or the redirect is in place, we will notify your account contacts and cease billing the account.
Contact email@example.com if you have any questions.