HR - Criminal Background Check - Position of Trust (includes report)
Policy requires that employees in a Position of Trust shall be subject to a criminal background check every four years. This document lists the steps for institutions to use to record all jobs identified as a Position of Trust in Job Data on the UW Custom Tab. It also contains the process to run the EPM Query to identify those employees who have been identified in a Position of Trust and when the last background check was done.
- Any update to Position of Trust information, change in Last Date Checked or removal, requires a new row to be added with Action = Data Change; Reason = Position of Trust.
- Upon Transfer or Rehire, the Position of Trust defaults back to 'No' and the Last Date Checked field blanks out, requiring a new row to be added to assign the new job as a Position of Trust.
Procedure Steps: Job Data Entry
- Navigation: Workforce Administration > Job Information > Job Data.
- Enter an Empl ID or Employee Name on the Search page; if necessary, enter the Empl Record.
- Click the Search button.
- Click the plus sign to add a row.
- For the Effective Date, use default of today's date (OR for future hire/transfer/rehire dates, use that date and an appropriately sequenced row).
- Select the Action of Data Change.
- Select Reason of Position of Trust.
- Click the UW Custom tab.
- In the Position of Trust box, Select Yes (drop down).
- Enter the the most recent background check date for the Last Date Checked.
- Click the Save button.
- Navigate to EPM by selecting the EPM link from the bottom of the HRS menu.
- Log in using your credentials.
- Query Navigation: Reporting Tools > Query > Query Viewer.
- Enter the following in the begins with box: UW_HR_POSITIONOFTRUST
- Click the Excel link associated with the query.
- Enter a full DeptID or use the '%' wildcard (Example: J% = all of River Falls)
- Enter date for Last Date Checked prior to:
Procedure Steps: Run the EPM Query
Once Employees are identified and entered as holding a Position of Trust, these will need to be tracked as they are subject to a criminal background check every four years. This query has been created in EPM.
- Example: Enter today's date, return anyone in the specified Dept with a date prior to today
- Example: Enter 8/27/2013, return anyone with a last checked date prior to 8/27/2013