Office 365 (Outlook on the web) - Working with Multiple Calendars
Outlook Web App lets you view more than one calendar at a time. The calendars might all be part of your account, or they might be a combination of your own calendars and calendars from people inside and outside of your organization. For information about calendar sharing and adding calendars that belong to other people to your calendar view, see Sharing your calendar.
You can use the context menu to create additional calendars for your account as needed. For example, you might want to create a separate calendar for project deadlines, or for a sports team schedule. To create a new calendar:
- In the calendar navigation pane, right-click the calendar group that you want to create a new calendar in. Or, if you're using a touch device, touch and hold the calendar group. My calendars is a good place to create a calendar unless you're going to be creating a lot of calendars. If you expect to create a lot of calendars, you might want to create calendar groups to organize them. See What are calendar groups?
- Select New calendar.
- Enter a name for your new calendar.
- Press Enter.
Managing multiple calendars
- To add a calendar to or remove it from your calendar view, select it to turn the check mark on or off. You can also select the x next to the name at the top of the calendar window to close that calendar but not remove it from your calendar list.
- You can use the context menu to rename, delete, share, update permissions, or change the color of calendars that you own. To open the context menu, right-click if you're using a mouse, or touch and hold if you're using a touch device.
- If you've added a calendar that belongs to someone else to your calendar view, the context menu will let you rename, remove, or change the color of that calendar.
What are calendar groups?
By default, you'll see two groups in the calendar navigation pane, My calendars and Other calendars. You can use the context menu to create additional groups.
- In the calendar navigation pane, right-click if you're using a mouse or touch and hold on a touch device, and select New calendar group.
- Enter a name for your new group and press Enter.
Use the context menu of an existing group to create or open a new calendar in it, or to rename or delete the group.
Note You can't move a calendar between groups.
Viewing more than one calendar at a time
- You can add as many calendars as you want to your account, and can view up to five at a time. If you're using the Week, Work week, or Month view and have turned on more than one calendar, they will be merged into a single view. The color of each calendar lets you know which items belong to which calendar. The background color of non-work hours will also change to match the active calendar.
- If you're using the Day view, you can view multiple calendars merged, or you can split them so that they appear side-by-side in the calendar window.
- When you're viewing multiple calendars, you can change which one is active by selecting it at the top of the calendar window.
Creating items in different calendars
- When you create a new calendar item by selecting New event or by selecting a time on the calendar, and the active calendar is one of yours, the new item will be created on the active calendar. You can change the calendar by selecting an available calendar from the Calendar list on the new item form. By selecting different colors for each calendar, you can tell which calendar is active, and which calendar an item has been saved in.
- To move an item to a different calendar, edit it and select the calendar you want to move it to from the Calendar list.