Manifest - Services
Manifest groups can allow group members to access various enterprise services (Wireless Access, Office365/email, Google/G-Suite). This document describes the process to request and the services that can be requested by group administrators in Manifest.
If you have any questions about the approval process or wish to expedite the process, please contact email@example.com.Note: The ability to grant WiscVPN and Duo access via Manifest has been deprecated in favor of adding users that need VPN access into HRS as a Person of Interest (POI). Adding a user as a POI will give them access to a NetID, WiscVPN, and Duo.
- WiscWorld - Gives users Wireless Access, as well as a base requirement for Office365, and Google. WiscWorld is the most commonly requested service (the ability to grant WiscVPN access via Manifest has been deprecated in favor of adding users that need VPN access into HRS). Groups with the WiscWorld service enabled grant members access to the following:
- On-campus use of Wireless and use of Eduroam worldwide.
- Office365, Google and other services require further authorization, please note in the comments so appropriate approvals can be forwarded.
Members will need to activate services if they already have an active NetID. See: NetID - Activating Missing Services
- NetID - This is not the ability to invite people to create NetID eligible identities, this service makes existing NetIDs remain eligible to authenticate when current affiliation ends. This service is rarely used.
Requesting Service-Enabled Groups
To request the services discussed above, group admins must follow the two step approval process below:
Request Service Approval
- To begin the process, navigate to My Groups in the Manifest interface and choose the group for which you would like to provide services.
- Click Details next to the group name.
- Click the Services tab.
- Under the Available section you will see services available to request.
- Comments can be added detailing the reason for your request. If you need Office365, Google or other services based on WiscWorld you'll want to note them here.
- Click the Request button.
Your request(s) will be sent to the respective service owner for approval and you will see the selected services appear in the Pending section of the form. Once approved, you will receive an email and the service will move to the Accepted section. Your group members will then be able to access the corresponding service(s) after logging into a fresh session with their NetID.
Note that it may take several business days for service owners to review requests. If any questions arise throughout the approval process, or if you wish to expedite the process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.