UW Digital ID - Adding a Secondary Email Address to your Digital Certificate
How to add an alternate/secondary email address to your UW Digital Certificate. You will also want to follow these instructions to add your new Office 365 E-mail (if applicable) to your certificate.
Add a Secondary Email Address
- Log into https://uwdigitalid.wisconsin.edu
- Locate your Personal Certificate in the My Digital IDs list and click on the "View Request" link on the far right to select it.
- Next, click on the "Manage Emails" link
- Under the "This Certificate's Email Address" section, enter the desired email address. The email address must end in .edu or .org.
- Click the "Add Email" button
- Important Note: A verification email will be sent to the new address you must click the link to verify the new email address within 48 hours.
- Click on the link in the email to verify the email address.
- Your certificate is now queued for processing. You will receive retrieval instructions within 12 hours.
- After you retrieve your new updated certificate you will have to configure your email client to use the new certificate.
Note: The addition of an email address requires a reset and issuance of a new certificate. The updated certificate will include a key history which will enable you to open and decrypt any previously encrypted email messages.
Office 365 Users - It is important that your email@example.com email address is added to your personal digital certificate. Without this address in your personal digital certificate you will not be able to correctly sign your emails.
- UW Digital ID (Mac) - Configuring Mail.app to use a UW Digital Certificate
- UW Digital ID (Mac) - Configuring Outlook 2011 to use a UW Digital Certificate
- UW Digital ID (Win) - Configuring Outlook 2010 to use a UW Digital Certificate
- UW Digital ID (Win) - Configuring Outlook 2013 to use a UW Digital Certificate