DoIT Tech Store Customer Service Information
DoIT Tech Store Customer Service Page
Welcome to Customer Service for the DoIT Tech Store, the computing center for the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
For store hours, see Get Help from DoIT.
- We are located in the Computer Sciences building at 1210 West Dayton Street, Madison, WI, 53706 just east of Union South.
- There are different options for parking around the Tech Store. There are three spots reserved for DoIT Tech Store customers located between 222 and 228 N. Charter Street. Limited parking is also available in Union South.
We also have a satellite location inside the Health Sciences (HSLC) building on 750 Highland Avenue, Madison, WI, 53706 right next to UW Hospital.
- There is visitor parking available in Lot 76 east of the Nielsen Tennis Center.
We have a third location at 333 East Campus Mall, Madison, WI, 53706 in the lobby of the student services building.
- Limited parking is available in the Lucky building underground ramp, whose entrance is located on North Lake Street.
- Parking is also available in Lot 46 on the other side of North Lake Street.
Problems with the DoIT Tech Store Online Catalog?
- During normal business hours, please contact Tech Store Sales by calling 608-262-7253 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After hours, please email Tech Store Sales at email@example.com and a customer service representative will respond to your email on the morning of the next business day.
About the DoIT Tech Store
Students, Faculty, Staff and Departments of the University of Wisconsin - Madison can purchase from the DoIT Tech Store.
DoIT's staff is happy to answer your questions! Visit the Tech Store at 1210 West Dayton Street or call us during our normal business hours of Monday through Friday 7:45 a.m. to 5 p.m. or email us anytime.
- For pre-sales information about
products, contact the Tech Store at 608-265-7469 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For sales questions such as product
availability, stock or order status, contact Sales at 608-262-7253 or email
- For post-sales questions such as product performance issues and problem diagnosis, contact the Help Desk at 608-264-4357 or email email@example.com.
- For questions about our recycling program, please see Personal Computer Recycling Program FAQ.
|The DoIT Help Desk specialists are available 7 a.m. to 11 p.m./7-days a week by calling 608-264-4357 or emailing them at firstname.lastname@example.org. They also offer live chat 7 days a week from 8 a.m.-10 p.m.|
- Be sure to have your University of Wisconsin ID ready.
- The Help Desk attempts to answer every call immediately, but if all of their assistants are busy, your calls will be answered in the order in which they are placed.
- We will make every attempt to reply to your email and phone messages within twenty-four hours.
If you have a question or problem that requires bringing in your computer for diagnosis, call 608-264-4357 or come in during normal business hours.
For self-service, visit the Help-Desk website for answers to frequently asked questions.
DoIT offers Departments the ability to use DoIT Numbers. For more general information about DoIT Numbers see:
To setup a DoIT Number please see:
For more payment options, please see the information below:
- Personal Payment Options
Departmental Payment Options
- For walk-in purchases, we accept DoIT Numbers, Procurement cards and Department Checks. For assistance in setting up your new department account contact the DoIT billing office at DoIT.email@example.com,or call 262-2879.
- Customers are also welcome to purchase items via our online catalog. Departmental purchases may be made online using either a DoIT Number or a UW procurement card
To cancel an order, you may either come in person to the Tech Store or contact the Sales department via phone at 608-262-7253. A third option is that you can email the Tech Store Sales staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that once an item is shipped you can no longer cancel the order and should instead follow the return policy located below.
All credit card transactions that
take place on the Tech Store web site are performed on a secure server using
industry-leading 128-bit encryption. If you feel uncomfortable giving us your
credit card information over the web, feel free to print your shopping cart
and bring it in to the Tech Store or contact us via phone at 608-262-7253.
We will accept returns of most products for a full refund within 30 days from the date of purchase, provided they come with the original receipt and the original packaging. Unless it is defective, software may only be returned if it is unopened and returned within 30 days. Some items may incur a restocking fee. Due to the broad scope of products that we sell, you should call 608-262-7253 for complete details on the return policy for the specific item you wish to return. For more information, see DoIT Tech Store Return Policy.
- All personal sales done at the counter are assessed the standard Dane County sales tax of 5.5%.
- Online sales are assessed tax by the county they are purchased in.
- Out-of-state online sales are not assessed sales tax.
- Departmental sales are not taxed.
The DoIT Tech Store is pleased to ship your orders directly to you. Shipping costs are assessed by a combination of weight and price. For more detailed information about shipping prices see: Information on Shipping. DoIT uses a Tech Store driver for on campus shipping while either UPS or USPS handle off campus shipping.
Warranties vary by manufacturer. Take a look at the manufacturer packaging, or contact them directly for more information. For more general information about the types of warranties you can get see: Warranties.
Are you a vendor who wants to update info on an item in our database?
- Email: email@example.com
Do you want info on price breaks for large orders?
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org