HR - WED - UW_HR_REH_RET_EMP_INCORRECT_REH_ANNUITANT_FLG
The UW Incorrect Rehired Annuitant Flag Report is an error report created to find Employees that need to have the Rehired Annuitant Status set correctly. These errors appear in the WED notifying credentialed users of missing/incorrect employee data and the ability to fix them accordingly in an on-demand basis. Rehired Annuitant Status is set to 'No.' It is imperative this status is set correctly for retirees to prevent inaccurate WRS deductions from taking for a benefits eligible job.
- When rehiring a retiree, the Rehired Annuitant status must be set correctly. **A rehire within 1 year will override the Rehired Annuitant Status. If this is set incorrectly and the employee ever returns to a benefits eligible job, the employee will automatically be enrolled in the WRS and deductions will begin. The status needs to be set to the appropriate value based on the date the employee retired and their ETF approved Rehired Annuitant Form upon returning.
- Retired Annuitants who have retired from another State Agency will not be included in this query. These individuals will appear on the New Hire Hold list triggering a Benefits Administrator to look up their previous WRS State and Local Service. The retirement date should be available there to determine if the rehired annuitant flag is set appropriately.
1. Log into HRS. Error Queries appear based on your current security and whether there are errors to fix.
2. Click on the UW_HR_REH_EMP_INCORRECT_REH_ANNUITANT_FLG Error Query.
3. Click the 'Check to Claim' check box, your name will appear in the Claimed by Section with the Date and Time noted.
4. Click on the UW_BN_JOB_DATA hyperlink.
5. The UW Benefits Tab page will display. Verify that the Rehired Annuitant Flag is set to 'NO'.
6. Determine if the employee has been paid and has had benefits deductions. Open new window to review paycheck. Navigation: Payroll for North America > Payroll Processing USA > Produce Payroll > Review Paycheck (PY - Review an Employee's Paycheck ). If deductions have been taken, create a WiscIT and assign it to the UW Service Center.
7. Navigate to the Work Location tab.
8. Add a Row by clicking the plus sign as shown below.
- Effective date equal to Date of Hire/Rehire
- Use Effective Sequence number + 1 (i.e. if current Effective Sequence is 0, use 1)
- Click Calculate Status/Date Button
- Enter an Action = Data Change
- Enter a Reason = Benefits Eligibility
- NOTE: If you are unable to enter a sequenced row equal to the date of the Hire / Rehire, open a WiscIT to the UW Service Center.
9. On the UW BN Tab, change the Rehired Annuitant Flag to the appropriate value based on the retirement date and the ETF approved Rehired Annuitant Form.
10. Click Save. (Note: Soft warnings may appear, click OK through these warnings.)
11. Close Window.
12. Return to Error Query.
13. Click the 'Completed' check box. Your name will appear in the Completed by Section with the Date and Time noted.
14. Click the Home link to return to the main WED page OR
15. Click Return to Dashboard link (available on every page) to return to the main WED page
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES:Related KBs: