Are L&S undergraduate students required to complete upper-level work in the major?

The following section explains the minimum upper level coursework requirement in the major(s) for L&S undergraduate students.

All Letters & Science undergraduate students must complete/earn a minimum of 15 credits of advanced coursework (designated by the major department) in their major(s) or major department in residence.  For L&S undergraduates, "in residence" refers to coursework completed on the UW-Madison campus with an undergraduate degree classification (e.g., BA, BS, BSW, JBA, JBS, etc.).  No exceptions may be made to this requirement under any circumstances even with a departmental recommendation.   For more information about upper-level work in the major, see Mastery of Upper-Level Work in the Major in the Undergraduate Catalog.

Keywords:15-credit upper-level major requirement,advanced course work in residence, advanced-level credit in major, mastery of upper-level work in major, in residence   Doc ID:31070
Owner:Tori R.Group:College of Letters & Science
Created:2013-06-20 13:59 CDTUpdated:2017-06-19 07:33 CDT
Sites:College of Letters & Science
Feedback:  0   0