Moodle (Instructor) - Using Piazza
This article shows how to create and use Piazza in Moodle for instructors.
Creating Piazza Course As An Instructor
- Click "Turn editing on"
- Click "add an activity or resource"
- Choose "External Tool" and click "add"
- Give the activity a name, e.g. "Piazza"
- From the drop down list labeled "External tool type", pick "Piazza"
- Leave the "Launch URL" and all the privacy fields blank
- The rest of the settings are common to other modules in, choose the settings you prefer. Note that Piazza activities are not graded.
- Click "Save and return to course"
Tips For Creating the Piazza course page
- When choosing a name for the course, names and numbers like "Chemistry" and "101" are likely in use for a different course so you will need to think of a different variation (e.g. adding your last name) to the course name
- You DO NOT need to enroll students to the Piazza course page
- If you would like to add a course description/ announcements go to the "Resources" tab