Office 365 (Outlook 2013) - Organize your calendar with color categories
If you keep a lot of appointments and meetings on your Outlook calendar, adding color categories lets you scan and visually associate similar items. You might assign all personal items to the green category and all important items to the red category
Assign Calendar Color Categories
- Select Calendar from the bottom-left of the Outlook client.
- Create a new appointment or select an existing one to modify it.
- Click on Categorize, and a menu you will appear for you to select your color for that appointment.
When you assign a color category, that color is used as the appointment's background color on that calendar grid.
Modify Existing Color Categories or Create New Color Categories
- Click on Categorize, and then click All Categories... to bring up the Color Categories menu.
- To add, rename, or delete color categories use the buttons to the right. You can rename default categories.