Office 365 (Outlook 2013) - Organize your calendar with color categories
Assign Calendar Color Categories
- Select Calendar from the bottom-left of the Outlook client.
- Create a new appointment or select an existing one to modify it.
- Click on Categorize.
- The quick menu will appear for you to select your desired color category for that appointment.
When you assign a color category, that color is used as the appointment's background color on that calendar grid.
Modify Existing Color Categories or Create New Color Categories
- Click on Categorize, and then click All Categories... to bring up the Color Categories menu.
- Click New... to add a new category. Pick a new color and name the category of your choice.
Tip You can assign shortcuts to any of the color categories consisting of hitting CTRL + any of the F# keys. After clicking an appointment, meeting, email message, or contact, you can then use the shortcuts assigned to quick assign any of these things to your color categories.